Healthy Starts Early
Stay Healthy, Grow Fit®
A lifetime of healthy habits is the goal of our comprehensive Grow Fit program. By introducing balanced nutrition and physical activity at a young age, we support the complete well-being of growing children.
Our daily menus are reviewed by a registered dietitian nutritionist to make sure we’re serving well-rounded, health-conscious meals and snacks, including:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Whole grain foods with plenty of vitamins
- Foods free of artificial dyes
There are also always alternative menus available, including items that are vegetarian and dairy-free. Does your child have any special dietary needs (due to allergy restrictions, a medical diagnosis, or religious beliefs)? If so, we can outline a suitable food plan.
Movement and motor skill development are essential elements of physical activity, so regular, planned activity is part of our daily routine.
- 60 minutes of outdoor physical activity for toddlers and 2-year-olds.
- 120 minutes of daily activity (at least 60 minutes outdoors) for children older than 3.
Daily classroom lessons also feature healthy concepts integrated by teachers, including:
- Sharing books that shine a positive spotlight on healthy eating and physical activity
- Teaching health lessons that highlight various subjects, such as what it means to achieve “energy balance,” pertaining to food intake and the body’s daily needs
- Using models or toys representing fruits, vegetables, or other healthy foods for pretend play